Sunday 2 November 2008

What's happening w my satmps?? (right now)

On our lecture on Friday we talked about the direction that our projects might be going in... I'm leaning more towards combining the global issue, with the local things, we use everyday.
I'm sure that many people don't realize, including me, that many of the things/appliances/cars/etc, are or CAN be powered by alternative energy resources.
I think, that energy conservation and what we can do everyday is VERY important, but so is creating an awareness in people that we need to start using the resources that we have. 
I think it's important for people to relate to alternative energy with something they have, they know, and not just showing solar panels and saying this produces energy. Yes, we know it produces energy, but what does it have to do with me? Here is where the objects we use everyday come in. I want to show that we CAN use it, and we DO use it in some cases, so people can feel much more "close" to he issue.
So anyway, this is what I'm leaning towards right now. I'm investigating different energy conservation resources, stamp designs and design concepts in general...hopefully I can carry on with this idea and create my stamps.

No comments: