Monday 10 November 2008

A little over 100 words about my project...

Outline and Objectives
• Create awareness about alternative energies.
• Create a message that is easy to understand and memorable
• Make it easier for people to relate to alternative energies using things/objects they are familiar with

My concept will hopefully make people realize that alternative energy is being used to power everyday objects.
My target audience is very broad, from young to old people, and stamp collectors as well as general public. I want them to be more conscious about the subject, and be responsive to my message, as well as get more informed about it.

Design Elements
I have three ideas that I'm actually developing before I decide which one will be my final (which one has more impact?). 
• The first idea is the repetition of everyday elements people use, and one element would be different, it   would be an object from an alternative energy source. Beneath it will be a message presenting different facts about each energy source (one per stamp). 
• The second idea is to present again everyday objects in a continuous line design, and relate them to a source of renewable energy.
• The third idea, is to present the different kinds of sources in a graphic way that would be very appealing, using typography.

The visual style of all the designs will be very uncomplicated. All three ideas have completely different styles, ranging from colorful and simple objects to black bold lines (in the second idea) with few color. It's personality should be cheerful and positive and in a very direct tone of voice.

Schedule to meet deadlines
• Nov 10th-16th: sketch the most I can of the three ideas, to see if each one can be successfully developed into 6 stamps.
• Nov 17th-23rd: choose one of the ideas and develop it properly, start sketching the package for the stamps, and other materials I consider would be useful.(Website?)
• Nov 24th-30th: stamp design should be finished, and the other materials should be in final stages or finished as well.
• Dec 1st-4th: everything should be checked and finished. This week will hopefully be dedicated to printing and mounting the designs.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Thank you for the critique in class today! It was most helpful and good to get advice from someone with a fresh look into it. Good stuff!

I hope to see your stamps on here soon. I really love the line creating a story, that is brilliant. It is amazing how much you can design on a little bitty stamp.